Monday, June 17, 2013


                          Kahani ghar ghar ki....



Parents often complain that their opinions/suggestions/advices fall on deaf ears of their kids. It turns sour when their kids are convinced about the same thing when it comes from a third person.

I can’t comment on how far this holds true for me, I don’t know...I mean...I may have done it unknowingly.  But don’t you feel parents do the same?

Here are few instances. 

I have been behind my parents to take a world tour and they keep telling me ‘yes, we will, once you are married and settled.’ Okay. I understand their stance. 

But I argue that, ‘You both have always put me first and lived you life through me, finding happiness in what I do, it has always been about me. It’s time you folks look beyond me and do something for yourself.’ All they do is give me looks with an underlying meaning, ‘Yaa...you may be right but we know better.’

Yesterday Mamma gave me few chocolates which her office-friend had got from Europe (so-called-world tour) Her friend suggested over and over again that, ‘Europe is a must-visit place…and don’t put away the plan until retirement…enjoy while you are fit and fine.’ The following evening my folks were discussing about the Europe trip.

While Mamma was narrating all this to me, all I did was, give her looks which said, ‘I told you so.’

Last week, I was explaining Dad what this ‘whatsapp fever’ is all about and how convenient it is to stay in touch with everyone. And he was like, ‘I don’t need all that, you youngsters over-communicate these days’. I said, ‘Whatever’ and left the topic there. 

The following Sunday few relatives had come over for lunch. Later that evening, Daddy came up to me and said, ‘Help me download this whatspp thing.’ Needless to say where it came from! 

I gave him my patented look, ‘I told you so.’


      J Stay Tuned In To Life J




3 comments:

  1. hotay re sab k saath hotay....generation gap...what eva u becom howmuch ever u grow..u'll alwyz b their tinku pinku ...chaltay...
    p.s- off 100 things they say 99 r true..bachi 1 vo apni khushi k liye maan jate hai..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely summed up. And truly a story of every house. I could think of several such incidents that I have met. Awadla !

    ReplyDelete