Thursday, May 9, 2013

                                                   

                                         I prefer to see with closed eyes...

Hello Fellas :)

Do you recollect the scene from the movie Jaane Tu ya Jaane Na (Imran and Genelia starrer) wherein Imran’s gf plays this game with him – “what’s this?” The rule of the game is to imaginatively describe an object. But the deep-rooted meaning was that his gf denies seeing things the way they are, rather she sugar-coats everything.

The purpose behind this flashback is that I am unknowingly following her!

Someone asked me yesterday, “Are you aware of the verdict passed by SC about the coal scam? I am eagerly waiting for it.”

I was like – “Huh? What? Verdict of SC! Whatever! As if the verdict matters! As if it’s gonna make a difference by knowing about it!”

He replied, “Don’t you feel, you should be more updated about such things, if not for anything else, at least so as to build a story for your book?”

I replied arrogantly, “For me to build a story – I have imagination.”

Then the discussion took a new route. He asked me, “Are you even aware what 2G scam or coal scam was all about?”

“Yes, it was some scam!” I replied shrugging my shoulders, “I don’t quite follow the technical details involved. I mean, there are people out there actually doing it; but my little brain can’t comprehend ‘how’ even after it’s done.”

He was still not convinced and taunted me, “Ignorance may be bliss, but not always.”

“Hmm.” I sighed. “I wish I was not so sensitive. I can’t look at ‘news’ only as a ‘piece of information’. I have stopped reading the morning-newspaper long back, because it affects me and fills me with negativity. I mean, is there anything good happening? No. It’s the same old crap with new dates – rapes, scams, farmer-suicides, inflation, deforestation, corruption, terrorist attacks etc etc. The take away for me is – injustice and trauma (emotional, physical, financial, environmental)”

Our discussion had to end abruptly due to the work in hand. But it got me thinking. Have I given up already? I don’t know. I mean, am I turning a blind eye to all this because I am sensitive or because I have long back, become insensitive to all this. Are things ever gonna change for the betterment of my country or is it gonna be new shit piled upon old shit?

This answer is for the colleague who initiated this discussion, “ Wasn't the SC verdict as predictable as always? I didn't really have to read the newspaper to know that the verdict was not in favor of justice.”

Maybe it’s just fear of unveiling the ugly face, that I still enjoy playing “what’s this?”

                                          J Stay Tuned In to Life J
 


11 comments:

  1. Hi Ketaki!
    Nice blog! I especially related to the stopping to read newspapers part.
    But we know we can't stay in the bubble for long, it's gotta burst someday. And whenever it does, it's not getting any better.

    P.S congratulations on your new venture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey ash...!

    well said - we can't stay in the bubble for long, i hope it bursts to reveal the best!
    Thnk!

    keep reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're just like me. Even I'm still looking out for the good things happening around us. The world is still beautiful. And the answer is not that we're that sensitive, but that we've become insensitive to all things negative that flood the news each morning. Maybe if there was less crime rape scam and injustice, we'd be more sensitive to it each time we read about it. Now we're just immuned.
    Nice blog :) When's the book release?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW !
    It is true that we set our own limitations. But then we should also limit the limitations. Or else we will be just putting a fencing around us and making ourselves so short-sighted. Which we do and will be doing. Generation is developing this way, and you can just try to imagine the future with this.
    I think that the Royal Stag slogan applies inversely to many of the people in the world; or should I say, India. 'Its your life; make it small.'

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey shara :)
    glad u tuk time to read it :)

    sad state is we as youth aren't doing much to change things, hai na?

    book release will happen in 3/4 months, in process with the publisher :)

    keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi apurva!
    u gave a new perspective!

    dear readers, this person has his own way of weaving words in the most appealing manner...his blog is also a must-read :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i feel d exact same way! i felt as if it was me writing this post! kya karna hai news jaanke? more crime, more hatred, more wars, more horrors...i prefer reading bombay times sometimes, atleast kuch toh entertaining hota hai usme :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read only good informative or invention news in newspaper and science part of supplement. Because all other news are fills with negativity. And these news never built up your energy to live.

    Milind Kambli

    ReplyDelete
  9. so true...but really what can i as one or even if v all get together(sham that v cant or dont want to,ego is the barrier)..what can v...terko pata hai last year 4 RTI activists(fighting for diff causes in diff places/states) vere brutally murdered aur case suicide ka bana dia gaya..the force that opposes is very powerful that even media wont support..
    urs was the one among the various reactions that v get "terko kya pada hai"..
    "apan ko kya lena dena"..
    "uska vo khud dekh lega,tu lafde mai mat pad"
    "mai apna kaam karke parivar ko dekhu ya bhagat singh banu"
    nd the worst one"sala bahut leader bantay"...
    all of us say this at a time and hear it from someone at another..this i care that v amongst...
    some one has said "the world is not angry enf so it lets the evil continue"..

    ReplyDelete
  10. **this is the care v have amongst ourselves##

    ReplyDelete