Sunday, May 5, 2013


                                                   JUST DO IT!

Hello Fellas :)

Ever since I had heard the phrase 'Waqt se pehle aur kismat se jaada, kisiko kuch nahi milta' - I had relied on it to a great extent and although it may be true, I have realized that, to make things happen - one needs to move one’s butt first!

Instead of simply waiting for the right time to come, I have to fight the ever empowering inertia and act. Just like I was waiting for the right time to start blogging again! The last time I did that was two years back and in spite of having a not-so-bad response for the blog, I had countless reasons (mostly excuses) that held me back. And now this nagging little thing called ‘inner voice’ is giving me chronic pain by yelling that – I need to do something more – more than my job and weekend movies.

The more you settle in your comfort zone, the more lethargic you become – like I became. And chucking away laziness, is one the biggest problems I have ever faced. So if you have been thinking of doing something – please do it. Do it before the second chain of thoughts pulls you back. 

Malcolm Gladwell’s book – Blink, describes very aptly the power of that first spark which has tremendous potential to convert into action. The first few pages of the book – got me thinking, no, not just thinking, but acting too. Instead of postponing the penning down of thoughts (with lame excuses) like –        
‘I don’t have a pen/paper’ ‘I need to switch on my lappy’ ‘My eyes are strained from the day’s work’ (but I continue watching T.V) etc etc, I wrote down what came to me. For the right time to come to you, you have to take steps towards it, so that the distance is reduced.

So guys, if you have been waiting for the right time to do something – just do it right away!

Go hit the ‘ever-snoozed’ jogging track; Take time to eat a healthy breakfast, Unclutter your office desk; Finish the piling work; Cook a healthy meal; Dance when your heart feels like; Sing when your mood says; Express your love; Read a nice book, Connect with yourself before it’s too late and Keep smiling.

If this has made even an inch of difference to your day, please share and don’t forget to give me your feedback.


               J Stay Tuned In to Life J

 

10 comments:

  1. Hey kets, i am glad that finally i got to read one of ur writeups. I will be looking forward to read more of your blogs and your thoughts.
    As this time you have written about doing the things without giving an excuse,there is this nice quote which one of my professor once told us and i would like to share it with you as well, "desire changes nothing,decision changes something but determination changes everything"
    and keep writing kets!!

    Neha Phatak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Neha...nice saying! So you too have that writing-keeda in U :)

    Thanks for the comment!
    Stay Tuned In to the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely written. Good one to start the blog with. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog!! Always do well. When one is active, he/she feels more alive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is good but m waiting for ur book dear...
    this is wht i got to say-never never mind what the editors,your family and your critique group tells you,bhaad mai jaye saale,if they were gud at it they wud b authors nd not junk.. jus keep on,feel learn write edit..repeat nd repeat again..till ppl start appreciating ur work,this obsly wud make u feel good nd keep u motivated....dont jus stop here work harder till u get ur first payment..this my frnd is the craziest most wicked wondersum feeling...aur jab cheq clear ho jaye tab merko fone karna...apan party karenge...love.blessing.luck.amen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey andy..thnx a ton for finding time from your busy 'doctor schedule' to read and comment and more importantly for this 'vajandar' support and encouragement!

    and yes..pakka party karenge wen the first print copy of my first book falls in my hand :) god bless u too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. After all you are saying live is present mind! Aaj jo karoge wohi tumhara future hoga!

    ReplyDelete